Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ALPOMBRA is NOT a "panghilod" (stone scrubber)

We went to a friend's house to bond.. and drink our exhaustions away as we had our share of a day's volunteer work. In the middle of the "session," we played this popular game called "Pinoy Henyo." Questions will be raised by the guesser and will be answered with yes, no, maybe.

As one category risen one after the other, my friend Ryan named "Alpombra." He left for a while and my team members asked me what it means. I said it means "panghilod" or a stone scrubber. And then the chaos happened. We really laughed loud when my friend Cris realized that there was a misunderstanding with all of our team mates. And it turns out, its my error.. Hehe.. Sorry!

Alpombra as to the description of rhyannefranz.. (thanks to your blog..)


Alpombra – kasuotan sa paa na kadalasang makikitang suot ng mga tambay sa kanto ng tondo. Mainam na pamato sa tumbang preso at paboritong suotin ng mga tanga. Ito’y may makapal na swelas at may makipot na suotan ng paa.

Alpombra – ito rin ay tagalog sa salitang ‘carpet’

source: http://onlyinpinas.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/word-of-d-day-2

No comments:

Post a Comment